Sunday 29 September 2013

Battles, Slayers and pirates!

I have a massive update here. I've been gaming, painting and assembling very productively, so its hard to know where to start!

Firstly, after a break, I have come back to paint some more Slayers. Now the deadline for this unit over at Bugman's is approaching soon, so I wanted to get cracking. Plus I want to field them in larger unit, so there was some incentive. Plus, they aren't too hard. So I did another 5 Slayers, and all I have left to do is 2 Slayers for the Bugman unit painting challenge. Not bad. After the new ones I'll have 25 all done. Not too sure if I'll jump in and paint some more, but we shall see.

Now you'll have to forgive the lighting, as my setup has changed, and I'm still trying to get it right. Hopefully the pics will be alright.



Very happy with them. Just wish I was good using them! I do have the last 2 on the painting table at the moment drying after there first coat, so hopefully it won't take too long to finish them. Then I can finally take a unit photo of my Slayer unit. Should be a good incentive!

Next up I have a short battle. Its 40k, and since the new Space Marine codex came out, my friend started Dark Angels, so hating the idea of marines vs marines (unless its 30k), I took my Freebooter Orks. Now I have not posted any pics of them on here, so I might do so at a later stage. Either way, the stage was set for some serious pirate talking.

The game was some objective grab, for some strange arcane chance device, and there were three on the table. Our forces were roughly 1000pts. You can see the forces involved below (along with a half painted table!)


Most of my boyz here. Da Kaptin Oddgrum Dedeye, and his trusty Nobz unit, 20 Slugga boyz and 3 zzap guns (the old tracktor cannons)
 My whole deployment. Another unit of shoota boyz on the left.
 Da beakies. Tactical Squad, bikers, command squad, tactical squad (in the building), plus a unit of Deathwing in reserve.
 Orks advance and run. Shame the Nobz unit with the Big Mek with a Kustom forcefield rolled a 1...
 Claiming the objective in the park.
 Yeah, no save in the open took its toll on the boyz. Deathwing coming down in front of them didn't help.
 Couldn't get my boyz in. Though the other boyz you can see ducked round the right and layed into the biker.
 The start of a long range firefight between my shoota boyz on the park objective, and the tactical squad in a building on another objective.
 After killing the biker, the slugga boyz go for the tactical squad in the building. In hindsight, I could have used them with my Kaptin and Nobz.

 Da Kaptin and Nobz charge and wipe out the Deathwing. I thought I was in a pretty good position here.
 The slugga boyz engage the tactical squad.
 I didn't expect a charge from both units here.
 They cleared up a lot of my Nobz, including my Kaptin! Things were not looking optimal.
 The slugga boyz got wiped out. Now the firefight resumes.

 Having wiped out my Nobz, the command squad goes for my zzap guns.
 I retreat into the park, as the firefight wasn't going too well. ;)

Game ends. It was a convincing victory for the Dark Angels. What can I say, first game with my Orks in a long time. Will have to make amends next time!

One last thing before I sign off, When scouting around the wreckage of the battlefield after, my Big Mek found these old wrecks...

2 Nice Rogue Trader Space Ork battlewagons. All the pieces are there. They just need to be fixed Ork style, obviously have a mast and crows nest, and then festoon them with grot pirate riggers. Looking forward to it!

Anyways, back to painting!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment