Sunday 15 September 2013

Game on Part 1

Well, as I previously mentioned I had a gaming night with some friends last night with Warhammer Fantasy. I took along my Orc's and Goblins, and yeah had a good time. I did remember to take photo's (as well as my friend), so I actually have something to show for it.

For all of the games, it was 1000pts, and just for completeness, here is my meagre list I took for all my games, no matter the foe.

Lords (218pts)

  • Orc Warboss 'Gorbash' (218pts) 
  • Shield
    • Magic Items BRB - Armour of Destiny, BRB - Crown of Command, BRB - Sword of Striking

Heroes (225pts)

  • Orc Big Boss 'Gitkilla' (125pts) Battle Standard Bearer
    • Magic ItemsBRB - Armour of Silvered Stee
  • Orc Shaman 'Skabz' (100pts) Lore of da Big Waaagh!, Magic Items, Wizard Level 2

Core (385pts)

  • Goblin Wolf Riders (65pts) Musician
    • 5x Goblin Wolf Riders5x Shield
  • Orc Arrer Boyz (70pts) 10x Orc Arrer Boyz
  • Orc Big 'Uns (250pts) Boss, Musician, 25x Orc Boyz
    • Standard Bearer BRB - Standard of Discipline

Rare (170pts)

  • Goblin Rock Lobber (85pts)
  • Goblin Rock Lobber (85pts)

My first game was against my friends Night Goblin list. It was a special scenario, where I was raiding a town he took over. Basically he had a few units already garrisoned in some buildings but he had 250pts less than I. The game was about building control. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photo's of this game, but hopefully you can believe it was a win for my Orc's.

The next game was against my Dwarfs which another friend was using. Essentially he had;

25 Warriors with GW

20 quarrellers

10 miners

Cannon

Runesmith and a Dwarf Lord.

Here are the images of the game with some attached text.

 Waaagh Gorbash deploy for a scrap with the stunties.
 The Dwarf Throng prepare to defend their realm.
 Turn 1, wolf riders advance down the flank.
 Good ol Foot of Gork, first time I tried this spell, I wonder if its a good spell?
 Not bad ;)
 Another stomp.
 A costly magic phase for the Dwarfs. Hnady that the Foot of Gork didn't scatter.
 The Dwarf's didn't achieve much in their, turn, so turn 2 we see the Big Uns advace full speed and the wolf riders ready to kill the cannon.
 the miners turn up to ruin the day for my back field.
 This doesn't look good for me ;)
 The Dwarfs turn 2 sees the great weapon warriors and Dwarf lord attempt a charge on the Big Uns for some vengeance. Unfortunately they fall short.
 The Miners chase afater my Arrer boyz.
 Turn 3 Orc charges, all in! Even remembered the Waaagh ability on my Warboss.


 The Dwarfs put up a Stalwart resistance.
 But to no avail.
 The miners clear one of my Lobbers.
 The Big Uns try to chase down the 1 quarreller left and the Runesmith.


End game. Didn't get to catch the Dwarfs, but ended in an Orc victory.

So two games in its two wins for the Orc's. We played one more game that evening, and it was a 3 way free for all, using the appendix scenario Battle Royal from the Battle Rule book. Next post will see what happens in that game with some attached pics.

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment