Thursday 24 April 2014

Longbeards finally complete, and a Marauder Siege Cannon

Well it certainly has been awhile since I updated anything here. I have been extremely busy with work and renovating another house, so my painting time has been limited and I’ve simply had no energy to paint anything. Well, I’m on holidays from work and I finally finished a few projects that have been on my table for a long time. I’ve effectively at this stage cleared my painting desk, so its a good feeling!

First up is an old model. I decided to make another Thane for my Dwarfs with a great weapon as there were some armour runes I wanted to try out. I also tried something new with this one and gave him a redish nose.

I also finally finished my Longbeard’s that have haunted me for so long. They are fantastic models, but the amount of detail on them really takes a long time. I now have 20 painted up and that is enough for now I think. I have a unit filler to bump them to 28, so I can now at least game with them.

Here is the full unit in all its glory. Glad that this unit is done for the time being!







Lastly is an old Marauder cannon. Great model and crew. I wanted a second cannon in case I needed one, and I like using different models. I real pleasure to paint.
So, that’s what I have been up to this week. Sorry for the very long hiatus. Hopefully I can be a bit more regular now. I now just need to think on what I’d like to paint next.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liam,

    Apologies, I assumed I was already following your blog. As I've already said some where else, lovely paintjob.

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Matt! Thanks for stopping by. I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete