Monday 13 April 2015

Imperial Fists - More veterans

I have been working on assembling my last few marines for the sternguard/veteran squad. Its taken awhile to get inspiration to make these models, as I was not able to find that creative spark. Thankfully though, it did arrive.

I did also manage to finish the second heavy bolter marine. Again this model was re-purposed from my old Blood Angels army.

 I decided to give him the battle honour of marksmanship, which I believe is represented by a bolt shell.
 Again I could not use my nice shoulder pads of the molded Imperial Fists symbol, so I had to improvise.
 I also used lots of those leather straps, as I had lots of them about, and I also appear to be running critically low on my usual purity seals and such.

I also managed to convert up the last if the squad. I have taken parts from Marine, Space Wolves, Black Templar and Blood Angel sprues, plus whatever else I found in my bits box .

Now I just need to get some yellow on them!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. Nice paintjobs and good looking conversion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt! I am happy with how they turned out. I suppose my main objective to to convert things so that they look cool and are interesting to paint. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I am loving your work on these! Top stuff, I really, really like the marksmanship honour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Legio! I thought I might as well incorporate some of the honours from the Insignum Astartes that I have. That and it kind of makes sense from a background perspective, especially since in 30k you probably want the snipers to be marksman.

      Still I have yet to try the 2nd Ed of 40k. I will however find a way! Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete
    2. I totally agree, the honours have been part of the background since second editions codex Ultramarines but nobody (including me) ever utilises them...it's good to see someone doing them justice!

      You definitely need to get these guys on a second edition battlefield soon!

      Delete
  3. Tons of charm, as always :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Suber! I figure if they look the part, the dice gods will favour me. As long as I put the necessary paint on them as well of course!

      Delete