Thursday 18 January 2018

Some old 4th Edition archers

Quite unbeknownst to me, I seem to have painted a High Elf model from 8th to 5th edition. My latest post is no exception and today I'll show you some 4th edition archers.

I don't know why, but I really love that old 4th edition box set, with the High Elves and Goblins. The cover for that set, must be one of the most iconic scenes of artwork for Warhammer, and it helps that is is full of nostalgia. I was fortunate to get a brand new box on that set a few years ago, all unpunched, and I loved cracking open that box and looking at all that mono pose models.

So good.

So I have recently finished my archers, a unit of 15. Complete with command from the same era, and resplendent with an old school sticker banner.




Ranking these guys has always been a problem, so these guys have been placed on the bases either left of right justified, in order to still fire and the front and rank up correctly.

A very classic scheme, but I love it non the less.

Next I am working on an old  repeater bolt thrower.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment